4.3.08

That is raw art to me...

I used to despise illustrations created through computer software. I thought that these “artworks” were prepared by mere non-skilled, untalented artist-wannabes. I thought that anybody can “cook up” these illustrations as long as he knows the software tools. No need for a talent or gift. Spare my parents the blame; it’s just that almost all the happy days of my life were derived from the satisfaction I get from my “raw art”.

I advocate “raw art”, words which I reinvented to mean “art out of physical pen and paper”. This kind of art is done by a person with the skills to identify shapes in an object and draw them in paper as is. Yeah, art isn’t just about drawing. But a drawing can never be called art (ask me) unless someone with a gift did it.

While it is true that illustration softwares can make one an artist, more and more “raw artists” have also started using such softwares to enhance their artworks or to make these available for digital use.

And so I gave up. These softwares were created per advice from “raw artists” anyway.

No comments: