31.3.08

Work woes

I’m finally paying for the many wasted hours I spent on anything other than work – yes, blogging and them some, during office hours. So I got a novel of comments from my US counterpart. The task I completed for training purposes was a mess. Although I initially thought I’d need more information on the technical aspects of the job itself, I went on doing my own thing and trusted myself to complete the exercise project. He sent me three PDFs, two of which include his comments on my job; the other one was his own completed version of the job. One comment file was actually my version of the document with his comments on them. The other comment PDF was an eight-pager reminder of most things I already know. And so I started getting on with the first comment PDF (my version of the job with his comments on it). Then I saw justice. I did really screw up on a lot of important things. I messed up on the titles, headers, watermarks, title formatting – the very visible, loud parts of the document that needed to be absolutely flawless in the first place. And for the love of moses, I called myself an editor! Maybe that was the reason I got an F for this. I guess seeing those in-your-face problematic areas angered him and inspired him to write another comment file that would explain everything (the eight-pager). I can’t blame him. He may have not known that I have also done my own research on the stuffs he was blabbing about. And all the technical questions in my head were banging like crazy it aches that I sometimes wish I was working in sync with US time (night time; at home) so I could easily talk to someone who does the same thing. But I would have not done an eight-pager comment. The first comment PDF would have been enough.

No comments: