7.4.08

Banana Leaf

It was my second time at a Banana Leaf restaurant, and I was in some magical experience once again. I guess I could confirm now that the Banana Leaf has become my favorite restaurant. Steve, Gerald (my colleagues) and I had our lunch at the Podium branch, which has friendlier hosts than in Greenbelt, Makati branch. But, then again, food is king at Banana Leaf. We had Garlic Calamares, Chicken Curry barbeque and Penang Char Kway Teow, which captured our taste buds. The Penang Char Kway Teow, is a similar dish to that of our pancit canton, wowed us especially my American boss. And when I’m about to try memorizing the dish name so that I could later google for the recipe, the guys quickly lent me each of their ballpoint pens so that I could copy it down from the menu. Really, really good, it as that I was planning to cook it on my son’s upcoming birthday party. As I browsed for recipes when we got back to the office, I found this nice blog which features the ever-famous Penang Char Kway Teow. I’m gonna try it this weekend!

No comments: