4.8.08

Importance of writing constantly

My son is still recovering from his already week-old cough, but it seemed like he was feeling good this morning. It was such a relief. I was again late for work today, god, for how long can I be this messy. But this time it wasn’t because I wanted extra slack time, I wanted to see if my son is in good health. You see this cold and cough of him had been disturbing his sleep for a week, and we’ve been just giving him lemon juice. However, I bough a bottle of expectorant last night as I got worried this may not be just some ordinary cold.

Hubby went home a little much too late last night, or should I say, this morning. It was another one of those interesting conversations with his office buddies/band mates that nailed him at the bar. I was a little furious, because I thought he had only little time to play with the tyke. He, however, told me later that they did spend some time before the kiddo went for school. That was a relief. Otherwise, I’ll be spending the rest of the day being cold with his calls.

Anyway, yeah, I guess I need to do some explaining here. I got so hooked with working out since April it made it hard for me to squeeze in blogging time. I also did a lot of research on diet, and losing weight. One reason for keeping fit was the company outing that was to happen in June. I had to wear a swim suit at the beach so I got to at least get rid of my bulgy stomach. The research further convinced me to not only strive to look good during that event, but to also lead a healthy lifestyle, in long-term basis. I want a fit body to keep up with my son, to later be able to attend his college graduation, wedding, perhaps my grandchildren’s weddings as well. I guess being health–conscious runs in the blood, not only because I was a Virgo. Dad has and always been a health buff. Although mom wasn’t very much the type, she would always remind us to eat healthy food and maintain a stress-free state of mind. I told myself I could do this. Though, lately I realized that I can’t realistically work out everyday. But I had to at least have a rigorous activity at least an hour three times a week. I walk maybe around 40min everyday, so that would keep the blood flowing steadily for the day.

But now I’m back. I realized that writing about whatever there is to write about is important to me. It lets me reflect on what activities, important or not, have happened during the day. And perhaps grab some lessons in life. Back then, during my depressing college days, writing helped me understand myself more to become the person that I am now. I don’t think it is just a college thing. Besides, I need to revive and re-strengthen this writing skill of mine. Someday, when I gain back the confidence, I might pursue a novel. Have the confidence like the one when I was 15.

No comments: