22.8.08

win-win situation

After all’s been said and done, hubby and I came up with a few realizations. One of which is very new to me is splitting the payment of our bills. He actually came up with the idea out of rage, when he was so mad about something he missed to understand. It has been more than three years of our marriage of combining both incomes, and spending it as one source. But now, we both realized we need to try this new system as well. And I redefined it – it’s not “yours will be mortgage, tuition, gas; mine will be allowances, electricity, water bills”. Instead, each bill will have to be split in two for both of us to pay in halves. I thought it would be fair. Hubby was delighted by the idea, given I have absolved him of the responsibility of sending my brother to school, and that he earned way more than me. I thought it was win-win because it had been really unfair for only him to absorb all the financial pressure. What I did was just earn and put my income in a common place, and I had no idea how my income was spent. I had no idea of my worth, of my value. I had no idea on how to manage my income. I had no idea of the financial pressure that hubby has been going nuts about. This time, I’ll learn, and he will enjoy his money. Win-win, alright.

No comments: