24.6.09

fiera and then some

the sort of stormy weather and a pile of my son's busted PJs kept me inside the premises of my small home today. well, of course, aside from wanting to spend more time with my son. fiera was not really very fiery today, at least here in our town, but i just have to not go to work. today marks my first day with sewing on the machine. the PJs and boxer shorts of my son became my first project. since i have never tried using a sewing machine all my life, it wasn't an easy feat. but, i felt accomplished. i'd probably look for more busted clothes to repair on my machine tonight. just to get the basics, technique, the habit of checking for safety, understanding my first machine - a Brother LS2125 - value for money, perfect for basic household sewing. my stitches looked ugly, which is okay, i guess. im giving myself a month to totally get the steady hands, and also to look for sewing materials. i'd probably be in divi this weekend, just to check what they can offer - fabric, threads, the works. my son was a little cooperative today, not very fussy about mommy doing something else. maybe because he's already four, and into a lot of things.

No comments: