17.3.08

Accomplishing something

I finally did it. After three weeks of feeding my cupboard with dwarf potatoes, and getting "i-thought-we're-gonna-have-potato-salad-this-weekend?"-look from my family, i finally have it now in the fridge, ready for some fest tomorrow.

I like the idea of being able to cook yum food from not-so-expensive stuff. About a month ago, lettuce prices were way lower than its usual. So i had brought some caesar salad at the office for my lunch buddies. It's seldom those guys consider salad for lunch, but they appreciated my offering. It looked pang-gourmet (suited for the gourmet), as one colleague commented.

Also, three weeks ago, prices of dwarf potatoes have plunged immensely. This had me thinking of some potato dish that i could cook home. It took no time for me to decide it should be potato salad, as i have not yet mastered the dish. First time i prepared it - total disaster - uncooked potatoes, weird-tasting dressing... Second time was so-so. This time should be something good, as i have been feeling relaxed while mixing the ingredients - no pressure. Having all the ingredients prepped up on the table kind of makes it easier, and faster.

I hope it's gonna be delicious, as i have more or less memorized the ingredients and the proportions i need for that much potatoes. We'll see...

No comments: