20.3.08

Starting today...

I will be committing myself to a health program i have devised - to rip off my belly fat, damn it. I have been trying (not so) hard to peel it off my used-to-be-flat tummy since my son's birth. And it has now been almost three years and it's still there, greeting me every morning with a bang! There's just too much skin that when i eat a lot, the tummy balloons into a fleshy ring bouy around my waist. Arrrggg!

Until I went to an ukay shop a few weeks back. The clothes i tried on that looked very good on their hangers looked ugly on me! This isn't the case like 5 years back! I have long accepted my new body, I only workout at home to feel better, not to look good. But when i saw myself in the mirror looking like that tacky lady me and my cousin would laugh at 10 or so years ago, I gasped. I'm becoming one of them - wives on gawdy outfits!

But it didn't just stop from there. I started downloading torrents of hiphop abs videos that i thought aren't just a bunch of gimmicks. THese videos are great. They don't bore you, and the longer you use them, the more fun the workout becomes. I used to dance occasionally, during school events. I was never the hiphop dancer, but Shaun T's videos upped my respect to the genre a notch more. I will be following the 30-day workout calendar, and the diet plan i will be devising shortly.

Starting today, I will be working out not only to feel good, but to also look good.

No comments: